Outdoor Adventure Director & Ropes Director
To plan, direct, and supervise camp’s Outdoor Adventure program.
· Must be at least 21 years old
· Training and experience with outdoor adventure programs including high and low ropescourse elements, climbing, and outdoor skills
· Current belay certification or the availability to take the course
· Ability to coordinate an outdoor adventure program
· Ability to maintain low ropes/high ropes course in excellent working condition
· Ability to supervise outdoor adventure specialists and make scheduling assignments
· Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
· Ability to accept guidance and supervision
Dates of Employment: June 10th- August 14th 2022
· Set up adventure/ropes course prior to and during staff training
· Teach and monitor proper use of equipment.
· Conduct initial and end-of-season inventory, and store equipment for safety.
· Conduct daily check and log of equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
· Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed
· Directly supervise all outdoor adventure staff including ropes, archery, and outdoor skills.
· Follow standard rules applicable to ropes course. Ensure all campers and staff know
and understand all adventure/ropes course safety rules.
· Supervise the programming in the following areas: high and low ropes course elements, climbing tower, zip-line
· Create (with help of outdoor adventure staff) lesson plans for all outdoor adventure
· Coordinate, supervise, and teach hobbies throughout the summer.
· Create systems for staffing and coverage during all periods when children are at outdoor
· Assist in packing all materials and supplies at end of season.
· Be a positive, contributing member of the Leadership Team.
This is not meant to be a complete list of the responsibilities, additional responsibilities as given by supervisors or listed elsewhere in the staff manual also pertain.