Each summer the families of our campers are invited to join us for Visiting Day. Parents and family members have the opportunity to see your child in action, participate in camp activities, and get to know your child’s bunkmates, counselors and our professional staff.
Visiting Day is July 14, 2024.
Gates will open at a designated time, at which time cars will be directed to the parking area. Parents will meet their child at his or her bunk, and have time to visit with your child’s counselors and Division Leader before enjoying a full day of activities and a delicious bbq lunch.
A few important reminders:
- Visiting Day will take place during First Session, on Sunday, July 14th
- Attendees must be immediate family members of a currently registered camper or staff member, and pets must be left at home.
- BBQ lunch will be provided and activity areas will be open for families to enjoy together. Campers may not be taken off-camp during Visiting Day.
- Parents are responsible for their children during Visiting Day hours. Any campers who do not have family members attending will be taken off-camp for a day trip. Please let us know if you would like your child to opt-in to the trip.
- Many camps in the area have their Visiting Day this same weekend. Book early if you plan to get a hotel nearby!
- All plans are subject to change for the safety of our community should any new circumstances arise.
There is no cost to attend Visiting Day.
Special note: If you are coming from out of town and would like to stay nearby on Saturday night, here are a few suggested hotels. Please note that the hotels closest to camp are often booked up to a year in advance.
- Inn at Starlight Lake – (2.0 miles)
- Upper Delaware Inn – (6.7 miles)
- Starlight Lodge – (1.3 miles)
- Hancock House Hotel – (7 miles)
- Hotel Anthracite – (30 miles)
- Hilton Scranton & Conference Center – (48 miles)
- Hampton Inn Scranton Montage Mountain – (50 miles)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Binghamton – (48 miles)
- Resorts World Casino – (62 miles)