Perlman Camp exists to provide children with a safe, fun and meaningful summer camp experience in a Jewish environment.
Perlman’s mission statement is more than a fancy sentence or a vague promise. It is the driving force behind everything that we do. That one statement informs all of our decisions.
Our mission ensures that we stay committed to building a community. A community that
- is meaningful during the summer
- extends year round
- continues to play an important role in your child’s life for decades to come.
Our mission defines the most important outcomes your child will bring home from a summer at Perlman. Your child will:
- Have fun
- Become more independent and learn to function as part of a team
- Try new activities, learn new skills and develop existing skills through our choice-based hobbies and bunk activities
- Become a positive contributor to their summer and year-round communities thanks to a focus on leadership development for all ages
- Gain respect for themselves and others through our intentional approach to child development
- Experience our inclusive approach to Judaism that will allow your child to develop greater knowledge, love and pride for Jewish culture, heritage and religion
- Develop, practice and hone social skills at all levels, from bunk and hobby programs to divisional and all-camp programs
- Make new friends and deepen existing relationships
- Build a foundational respect for the environment thanks to our beautiful 350 acre site and creative, engaging programming
Perlman’s Core Pillars
How do we ensure these outcomes for your child? The Perlman Camp Philosophy is rooted in excellence in three core areas:
- Excellent child care
- World-class programming
- Inclusive, intentional Judaics
Camp is first and foremost about child-care. You are entrusting us with the most important thing on earth to you – your child. We hold that responsibility as sacred.
We hire only the best staff members and we rigorously train them during the year and throughout the summer. Our 4 to 1 camper to counselor ratios and relentless focus on community-building create positive group dynamics in our bunks.
Each camper receives individual attention to make sure that their experience is positive, and that they return home better off for having spent a summer at Perlman Camp.
Camp exists for kids to have fun, try new things and develop skills. Perlman campers enjoy all three goals through a balance of choice-based, week-long hobby programs, along with a diverse variety of bunk activities.
In addition to the non-stop excitement of daily programming, your camper will also love Perlman’s awesome day trips, spectacular overnight camping trips and one-of-a-kind all-day programs.
At Perlman, your camper will experience a unique approach to Judaism that is fun, welcoming and embracing. Our Judaics program creates community while promoting individual growth in an inclusive Jewish environment, building a positive Jewish identity in our campers.
Perlman campers and staff learn about Israel through in-camp programs connecting with Israeli counselors, and a three-week Israel trip as part of their Pioneer summer (entering 11th grade). They develop love and pride for Israel as part of their Jewish heritage, growing their sense of Jewish identity along the way.
As a result, our community gains a deep connection and enthusiasm for Judaism that lasts all their lives.
What about Perlman’s Parents?
Perlman’s obsession with community isn’t only focused on our campers. We know that the Perlman community has an impact on parents just as strongly as campers.
Summer Camp is a process that includes research, registration, planning, packing, transportation and communications. You expect an exceptional experience for your campers, and you should expect an exceptional experience as parents, too.
We are committed to exceeding your expectations. Perlman’s full-time team works tirelessly to you meet you and your family wherever you are in your own personal camp journey. Through excellent year-round customer service, individual relationships with all of our families, and ongoing investments in user-friendly technology, we make sure that Perlman parents have an amazing experience, just like your kids.