Each summer the families of our campers are invited to join us for Visiting Day. Parents and family members have the opportunity to see your child in action, participate in camp activities, and get to know your child’s bunkmates, counselors and our professional staff.
Visiting Day is July 15, 2017.
Gates open at 10:00 am, at which time cars will be directed to the parking area. Parents will meet their child at his or her bunk, and have time to visit with your child’s counselors and Division Leader before enjoying a full day of activities and a delicious barbeque lunch.
Please be sure to visit our Visiting Day Silent Auction outside the Dining Hall, which raises funds for our Annual Campaign for Camper Scholarship.
A few important reminders:
- Vehicles will be allowed into camp when the gates open at 10:00 am. If you arrive beforehand, please line up outside the gate and off to the side of the road.
- All campers must remain on camp grounds during Visiting Day.
- Please make sure any food brought to camp is Kosher and nut-free.
- All family members are welcome, but please leave your pets at home.
- Campers who will not have any visitors coming to camp will participate in a special trip off camp. Please contact the camp office to ensure your child is included if you do not plan to attend.
- Visiting Day ends at 4:00 pm. Parents should drop their child off with their counselors and will be asked to depart at this time.
There is no cost to attend Visiting Day.
Perlman Camp offers an additional option for parents to attend Visiting Weekend – July 13-15th, 2017. Parents are invited to join us for Shabbat and camp activities from Friday evening through the start of Visiting Day on Sunday morning. We have a limited number of rooms available in our Skolnick Lodge, or parents may stay in hotels off-site and go back and forth during the weekend. The suggested donation to participate in the weekend is $500 for on-site housing, or $250 for off-site housing. All donations go directly to Perlman’s Annual Campaign for Camper Scholarship. Meals and activities Friday afternoon through the start of Visiting Day on Sunday morning are all included. Families must register in advance for the weekend. If you are interested in doing so, please contact Mollie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to stay off-site for the weekend, here are a few suggested hotels. Please note that the hotels closest to camp are often booked up to a year in advance.
- Inn at Starlight Lake (2.0 miles)
- Hancock House Hotel – (7 miles)
- The Herrick Lodge – (14 miles)
- The Carbondale Grand Hotel & Conference Center – (30 miles)
- Hilton Scranton & Conference Center – (48 miles)
- Hampton Inn Scranton Montage Mountain (50 miles)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Binghamton – (48 miles)