Perlman Camp Is Screen-Free
In such a connected world it is easy to default to your devices during down time, or even when other activities are going on. American adolescents spend more than 7.5 hours a day using electronic devices- camp is a great opportunity to put the screens down and keep our heads up!
Please leave all expensive electronics at home! These devices have a way of getting lost or broken at camp.
The only electronics allowed at Perlman are screen-less music players (e.g. iPod shuffles, CD players) and digital cameras.
All other music players, e-book readers, portable game devices, and video players should remain at home. Camp is one of the few places throughout the year where kids can truly unplug and we have made this decision to both honor and recognize this space and as a result of direct parent feedback.
Our professional staff and Board of Directors have come to this decision to:
- encourage our campers to spend more time off their beds and outdoors
- promote socialization between campers
- remove the divide between “the haves, and the have-nots” in each cabin
- reduce the stress associated with the damage to and theft of
- give campers a much needed break from the world of technology
- allow campers to fully embrace the connections they make with other campers
- ensure that our campers are not exposed to age inappropriate material
If you have any questions about our screen free technology policy, please feel free to contact our office.